There are limitless factors and other stuff to consider when it comes to timber flooring. Timbers have become an important part of the construction and renovation industry because of their amazing quality and appearance. There are a variety of options available when it comes to choosing the Commercial timber floor repairs company in Melbourne, pick the wise one because it will be the long-term investment.
Keep on reading the blog to know the important things to give attention to essential factors during timber floor installation and repair!
- Appearance and Comfort: The floor of your home is permanent that you will be staring at the floor for a long time unless you choose to make some renovations. You need to carefully decide which one you like best and how it complements the overall look of your home.
- Structures and Knots: Floors with fewer structures and knots give the house a more modern look, and floors with more structures and knots give your home a calm, rural feel.
- Board size: The size of the board also plays an important role. Small boards add a busy or cramped feel to your home, while medium or large boards make your home wider.
- Colours: The colour of your wooden floor is responsible for the look of your home. Dark colours add a sense of elegance and sophistication to your home, while intermediate tones such as grey give a sense of neutrality. Bright colours, on the other hand, give your home a calm and tranquil feel.
- Durability: Another thing to consider is the resistance of the wooden floor to dirt, scratches and dents. No one would want to invest money in less durable things.
- Dirt: Resistance to dirt is highly dependent on the surface treatment of the wooden floor and the texture of the floor. Before choosing your flooring, find out about the types of finishes. Oil-based varnishes usually absorb moisture and become dirty. Test your options with a small sample before deciding on a floor. Apply a small amount of food to the surface of the floor, clean it, and check for any dirt.
- Scratches: The hardness and treatment of the floor covering determine the degree of scratches. Most wooden floors are made of oak, the hardest wood used for floors. You can do a scratch test by running a sharp object on the surface and seeing how easy it is to be scratched.
- Dent: This depends on the process, but mainly on the type of flooring. No matter how tough the finish, if the type of wood used for the flooring is not strong enough, it will be prone to dents. You can check the collision resistance by walking the test sample with heel shoes and seeing if it hits easily.
The above factors are basic considerations before choosing a hardwood floor. There are many other things to consider, but in the end, they all depend on your tastes and needs. Fortunately, a good wooden flora should help meet these requirements. Contact total floor sanding and polishing for the top-quality Floor Sanding and Polishing in Geelong and you are just one step away from getting the perfect wooden floor for your home.