Have you always wanted to instal hardwood floors, but don’t feel like the DIY project is going to be worth it? Are you considering tackling the floor installation Melbourne of your own stairs and want some reassurance that it’s a good idea?
The answer to both of these questions is no. If you’re looking for an affordable way to get professional-looking flooring or amazing new stairs, hiring a professional contractor should be at the top of your list. Here’s why:
You could create safety hazards
Safety hazards are a real concern when it comes to DIY floor installation Melbourne and stair installations. Some of these safety hazards include:
- Injury or damage to yourself or others
- Property damage
Injury to yourself can happen in a variety of ways. You could slip on the recently installed stairs and fall, or you could step on something sharp (like wood splinters) while installing the hardwood flooring, causing an unfortunate accident.
Safety and property damage is almost guaranteed if you attempt this type of project without proper education, tools, equipment and experience.
Do-overs are expensive and time-consuming
The cost of hiring a contractor to complete the job correctly is always higher than doing it yourself.
But that’s not what we want to talk about today. Let’s talk about how much time it takes to complete a DIY flooring project in general and then compare that with hiring a professional for the same amount of work.
- How long does your installation take?
- How long does your cleanup take? (You know how messy these projects can get.)
- How much time do you need to find another day/week/month when you have nothing else going on except installing flooring?
Do things right – Hire a floor installation Melbourne professional
- Hire a professional who is licensed and insured.
- Hire a professional who has experience with your type of flooring. It’s easy to find out if the company you’re thinking about hiring is licensed by searching for their name on the Australian Business Register website, or checking whether they have any complaints registered against them on the website.
- If you’re buying an expensive product like marble tiles, it’s not unreasonable to want someone who has worked with that material before—and that may mean having to pay more than your budget allows to hire someone who has done so successfully before!
- The same goes for stairs; if your home’s staircase is curved, spiral, or constructed of timber rather than steel rods, then you’ll want to ensure that whoever installs it knows how best to lay out such features.
No matter how much you enjoy DIY, it’s important to hire a floor installation Melbourne expert. Flooring and stair installation Melbourne professionals have the tools and knowledge required to get the job done right.
They also offer peace of mind that your floors are installed with safety in mind, which is something you can’t always count on when doing it yourself!
The next time you want to instal a new floor or staircase, consider hiring professionals from Total Floor Sanding And Polishing instead of trying it yourself. Give us a call today, and one of our flooring experts will reach you soon.