If you have ever thought about installing timber flooring in your home, you may have wondered if it’s possible to do it yourself. If so, then keep reading!
We’ll cover everything from DIY to professional timber floor installation Melbourne services. Keep reading for more information about why it’s a good idea to hire a professional tradesman instead.
“Can I install my flooring myself, or should I hire a tradesman?”
There are so many mistakes made during the DIY process, and it could cost significantly more than hiring a pro tradesman.
For example, if your timber flooring planks aren’t cut correctly, or they’re not installed according to code (many areas require that the tongue of each plank be placed at least 1/8″ into the groove), then this will cause problems when installing the underlayment.
As such, fixing these issues would require going back through everything again—and possibly even removing and replacing certain pieces altogether—which means additional labor costs as well as materials expenses.
Additionally, DIY projects often come with unforeseen problems that can quickly escalate if they go unchecked during installation; for example:
- You may run out of materials before finishing your project;
- There could be water damage underneath where new flooring is being installed, so hiring a timber floor installation Melbourne service is a good idea to save money and time.
Why hire Pro Tradesman
- A tradesman will work to the highest standard – it’s part of their job description.
The provide Efficiency and Speed
Our professional installer will save you time, and we’re not just talking about the hours of your life. Our most experienced and efficient flooring installers can complete a job in less than a day or two, even if it’s a small room. A weekend will also suffice.
They will Protect Your Investment
So, you know that timber flooring is a great choice for your home. You want it to look good and last a long time. But the big question is: Should you DIY or hire a tradesman?
Our professional tradesman will do the job properly and quickly, which means we’ll instal it correctly, use the right materials, and protect your investment. We know exactly what we’re doing because we’ve been doing it all our lives—we don’t have to spend time learning how to do it right!
we’ll also be able to get on with the job fast so that we can finish as soon as possible, meaning less disruption in your daily activities while we’re working on-site (and saving money).
- You can get on with other things while the tradesman is working.
- You don’t have to move furniture or cover your floor, as we will take care of it.
- You don’t have to worry about getting the job done correctly because we know what they’re doing and have been trained in this area.
- Your job won’t go unfinished or over time because you can trust that we’ll complete it on time, if not early – you only pay for a certain amount of hours anyway!
If you’re looking to instal your own flooring, book your floor installation service from Total Floor Sanding and Polishing. We can help you get started quickly. We are committed most cost-effective timber floor installation Melbourne service. We have years of experience and know what we’re doing when it comes to installing timber floors—and we won’t leave any mess behind. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today at Total Floor Sanding and Polishing.